Inspired by long-time shareholders like Helmut from Germany and by popular demand from investors around the globe, Zimtu Capital Corp. today announced a change of policy. In the past, Zimtu Capital published details on its equity holdings in its quarterly financial statements. Today, Zimtu Capital has launched the new website section “Zimtu Snapshot Investment Portfolio“, designed to provide transparency and to showcase important information for its shareholders. On top of that, Zimtu will host its inaugural “Zoom with Zimtu – Comments, Suggestions or Questions“ today, where everybody is invited to a constructive discussion about Zimtu and its holdings every Monday at 10 am PST.
The best about Zimtu going transparent:
You can sign up to receive a weekly updated “Snapshot Investment Portfolio“ directly to your email inbox each Monday at 9 am PST / 12 pm EST / 6 pm CET. This gives everybody the chance to follow Zimtu‘s equity positions and the implied market value of each holding against Zimtu‘s current market capitalization. Now, you do the math!
In view of an implied market value of Zimtu’s total equity positions (61.6 million shares in 30 publicly listed companies) recently topping $13 million – along with the implied market value of its 21.5 million “in-the-money”-warrants recently surpassing $2 million – Zimtu’s market capitalization currently stands at $3 million.
With a well-diversified portfolio of publicly traded companies – along private companies with an intent to go public – Zimtu is positioning itself at the earliest possible stages, gaining exposure to a broad variety of sectors with the goal of minimizing the risks of its portfolio in times of cyclical downturns while maximizing potential upside during bull markets in specific sectors.
Full size / Source #1 / Source #2 / For Zimtu to have a market capitalization of $13.3 million (equal to the implied value of its equity holdings), its alleged share price is calculated at $0.83 ($13.3 million / 16.1 million shares in the market). Readers are reminded that the Zimtu Snapshot is not intended to be a substitute for the comprehensive information contained in Zimtu’s financial statements filed quarterly on SEDAR. The stated figures, sourced from Zimtu’s Snapshot website, are as at the date listed and may not be valid when and if Zimtu decides to sell any of its investment portfolio securities. The portfolio securities are mostly small, illiquid companies and values may fluctuate widely from day to day. There is no guarantee that Zimtu will achieve the Implied Market Value of any of the securities listed. There is no guarantee that any of the private holding companies will succeed in going public and therefore liquidity for those investments may be severely limited. The figures contained in this report and on the Snapshot website are a snapshot of the investment portfolio of Zimtu only and are not a substitute for the comprehensive information contained in Zimtu’s financial statements filed quarterly on SEDAR. Readers are cautioned not to make investment decisions on partial financial information like that contained on the Zimtu Snapshot or in this report.
“The harder I work, the luckier I get.“ (Samuel Goldwyn)
The team behind Zimtu Capital Corp. is working hard to make it happen for its shareholders and its holdings. As always in life, sometimes it works out and sometimes it does not pay off. However, the more you spread your risks/holdings, the more you may be protected in cyclical times of single sector downturns or individual company failures. On the other hand, too much diversification can take away the impact of large individual stock gains and limit the upside of the portfolio.
When looking at the top-6 holdings in Zimtu‘s investment portfolio, the following strikes the eye:
• Zimtu holds around 6.2 million shares of Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc. with an implied market value of around $5 million. This equity position alone makes up 38% of Zimtu‘s total holdings.
• Zimtu‘s 2nd largest equity position: 6.8 million shares of Commerce Resources Corp. with an implied market value of $3.2 million (currently trading at $0.47/share). This equity position alone makes up 24% of Zimtu‘s total holdings.
• Zimtu‘s top-2 holdings (Zinc8 and Commerce) make up 62% of its total equity holdings. Hence, Zimtu is betting big on energy storage and rare earth elements – both sectors are currently experiencing strong investors‘ demand driven by the global “green wave“. With Zinc8 in the works to enter the energy market as a technology provider, Commerce owns one of, if not the 2nd largest REE and fluorspar deposit in the world – thus, Zimtu is a sector-diversified “green“ wager with a meaningful exposure to the greentech and exploration & mining industries to reduce the Western world‘s reliance on foreign supply (see here and here).
• The next 4 largest holdings in Zimtu‘s equity portfolio (making up 23% of its total holdings) include exploration & mining projects focused on:
o copper + gold + silver (Core Assets Corp.; Zimtu holds 8.25 million shares with an implied market value of $907,500)
o minerals and metals deemed critical: fluorspar + niobium + tantalum (Saville Resources Inc.; Zimtu holds 13.26 million shares with an implied market value of $729,000)
o fluorspar (Ares Strategic Mining Inc.; Zimtu holds 1.25 million shares with an implied market value of $712,500)
o diamonds (Arctic Star Exploration Corp.; Zimtu holds 10.95 million shares with an implied market value of $711,455)
• Warrants: Besides equity positions (total: 61.6 million shares of 30 publicly listed companies), Zimtu also holds 21.5 million warrants (of 13 publicly traded companies) currently being “in the money“, i.e. ready to get exercised to increase its equity holdings in the respective companies.
• Private Companies: Zimtu is known for investing in companies at the earliest possible stages, sometimes even before these are publicly traded on a stock exchange. Zimtu is specialized in the company creation process, building and growing start-ups with an intent to take companies public. Among others, Zimtu currently holds 11.85 million shares of Zambezi Sport Inc., a private company working to go public with a unique product suitable for virtually every body in a sector that is currently thriving amid the corona pandemic: Outdoor recreation and having fun in all kinds of waters (oceans, lakes, rivers). With this investment, Zimtu gets a significant exposure to the sports industry, diversifying itself further into another sector currently in high demand.
Take A Look
”At the request of our shareholders we have decided to introduce a new enhanced disclosure policy, which we will call ‘Zimtu Snapshot’. We’ll now be disclosing each Monday on a weekly basis all our holdings, big and tall, small and short, in order to tell the public exactly where we’re at.” – Dave Hodge, President of Zimtu Capital Corp. on February 22, 2021
Zoom with Zimtu – Comments, Suggestions, Questions
Today: Inaugural Online Session
To support the roll out of “Snapshot Investment Portfolio“ and to become more transparent, Zimtu will host its inaugural “Zoom with Zimtu – Comments, Suggestions, Questions“ online session today Monday, February 22, 2021 beginning at 10 am PST. Following the weekly release of the “Snapshot Investment Portfolio“ every Monday at 9 am PST, everybody can join at 10 am PST to discuss changes, ask any questions about Zimtu and its holdings, or meet the team. Sign up here to join!
Zoom with Zimtu – Early Opportunities
Don‘t Miss Out!
Zimtu focuses on creating partnerships with early-stage companies to increase the potential for success. Sign up to the upcoming “Zoom with Zimtu – Early Opportunities“ on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 @ 10 am PST and find out about early-stage opportunities with 4 exciting new companies:
Eagle Bay Resources Corp.
Status: private company
Zimtu holding: 3.4 million shares
Sector: REEs + Niobium
Opportunity: seed-round financing (shares + warrants)
Zambezi Sport Inc.
Status: private company
Zimtu holding: 11.85 million shares
Sector: Sports equipment + apparel
Opportunity: seed-round financing (shares + warrants)
Core Assets Corp.
Status: publicly listed (CSE: CC)
Zimtu holding: 8.25 million shares
Sector: copper + gold + silver + zinc
Market capitalization: $3 million CAD
Opportunity: financing (shares + warrants) and exploration start
Details & Contact
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Time: 10–11 am PST / 1–2 pm EST / 7–8 pm CET
Event Category: “Zoom with Zimtu“ Online Video Presentation
Organizer: Zimtu Capital Corp.
Phone: +1 604 681 1568
Zimtu Capital Corp.
Office 1450 - 789 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC, V6C 1H2 Canada
Phone: +1 604 681 1568
Email: email@example.com (Scott Rose)
ISIN: CA9895892052 / CUSIP: 989589205
Canada Symbol (TSX.V): ZC
Current Price: $0.205 CAD (02/19/2021)
Market Capitalization: $3.3 Million CAD
Germany Symbol / WKN (Tradegate): ZCT1 / A0RDR9
Current Price: €0.159 EUR (02/19/2021)
Market Capitalization: €2.6 Million EUR
Stephan Bogner (Dipl. Kfm.)
8260 Stein am Rhein, Switzerland
Disclaimer: This report contains forward-looking information or forward-looking statements (collectively "forward-looking information") within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking information is typically identified by words such as: "believe", "expect", "anticipate", "intend", "estimate", "potentially" and similar expressions, or are those, which, by their nature, refer to future events. Rockstone Research, Zimtu Capital Corp. and the featured companies caution investors that any forward-looking information provided herein is not a guarantee of future results or performance, and that actual results may differ materially from those in forward-looking information as a result of various factors. The reader is referred to featured companies´ public filings for a more complete discussion of such risk factors and their potential effects which may be accessed through their profiles on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. Please read the full disclaimer within the full research report as a PDF (here) as fundamental risks and conflicts of interest exist. The featured companies pay Zimtu Capital Corp. to provide this report and other investor awareness services.The author, Stephan Bogner, holds a long position in most of the featured companies and is being paid by Zimtu Capital Corp. for the preparation and distribution of this report, whereas Zimtu Capital Corp. holds a long position in all of the featured companies. The author holds equity of Zimtu Capital Corp., Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc., Commerce Resources Corp., Core Assets Corp., Saville Resources Inc., Ares Strategic Mining Inc., Zambezi Sports Inc., Lake Winn Resources Corp, and other companies not mentioned in this report but listed on the “Zimtu Snapshot”; thus he would also benefit from volume and price appreciation of these stocks. The (amended) cover picture has been obtained and licenced from Romolo Tavani.